THIS I BELIEVE - VICTORIA STARR

 This I Believe

“The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.” Those words by Mahatma Gandhi remind me of the kind of person I want to become. I believe everyone deserves to feel safe, valued, and understood. I also believe that choosing kindness, integrity, and compassion every day can help build a better future, not only for myself but for the people around me.

Every morning I look forward to seeing my friends and the people in my life. They remind me that even small moments with others can make a big difference. When I have to make a decision, I try to ask myself if it is the right thing to do or the kind thing to do. At the end of the day, I feel proud when I know I have taken another step toward the future I want. I have always had a strong desire to make something of myself. My beliefs help keep me focused and remind me of the kind of person I want to be.

Ever since I was young, I dreamed about creating a better future for myself. I wanted to build a life where I felt safe, seen, and understood. I realized that if I wanted that kind of environment, I should also help create it for others. That idea has stayed with me for years and has become one of the biggest reasons behind the choices I make.

Today I try to be someone my friends can count on. I want them to know they can come to me with anything because I will always do my best to listen and support them. My philosophy also pushes me to work hard toward my goal of becoming a psychologist. I want to help people feel heard, understood, and accepted. I also choose friends who show humanity, integrity, and empathy. No matter someone’s appearance, sexuality, race, religion, or gender, I believe everyone deserves love and respect.

I believe building a better future starts with becoming the person I once needed. If I continue choosing kindness, compassion, and integrity every day, I know I can create a life where I feel secure while helping others feel the same. That is the future I want to build, and that is what I believe.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FREE VERSE - JENNA

ADALYNN - BIO POEM

THIS I BELIEVE - NIKOLAI