LETTER TO MYSELF - WHITLEY

 Dear Whitley, 


I know that Jr. high was one of the hardest moments of your life. Between the constant teasing about your height and people at cheer calling you fat you had a lot of horrible stuff to deal with. In sixth grade you started out pretty good and towards the end of the year you sliced your leg open on a metal bar that was broken on a desk. You also were hit in the face with a pom-pom at cheer. My seventh grade year was pretty good except the fact that people were always bossing you around. Fast forward it is your last year of Jr. high and you are ready for it to be over. The constant crying because someone in Jr. high was mean is over.


Getting over the memories of everything that happened took steps to get there. You first had to block out all of the noise and at least attempt to leave all of the drama behind you. I know that sometimes you doubted yourself but eventually overcame it and realized your self worth is more than drama and sadness. I know that I learned that people are not always going to be happy for you and your success because they are jealous of what they did not accomplish or do not have. I also learned that no matter what the outcome of something was, people were always going to try to blame one person and not as a whole collective group say that everyone messed up and did something wrong. 


The encouraging words that I used to get through all  the heartache and trouble was, “Do it for Caide”. He is someone who lit up the room with his laughter. Even though he sadly passed away the summer before my seventh grade year he still continued to live within people. I think we all tried to be someone who went at life the way he would have if he were still here on Earth. The words, “Do it for Caide”, are not just something that should be taken lightly or for granted. Taking these words with me throughout Jr. high and the rest of my college career will help me to stay confident in myself and to not give up no matter what anyone else says about me. I hope by the time I am reading this in the future that I have gotten through high school and am moving on to college.


Sincerely, 

Whitley


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FREE VERSE - JENNA

ADALYNN - BIO POEM

THIS I BELIEVE - NIKOLAI