THIS I BELIEVE - NAOMI

 


Your body, Your choice

According to AmericanProgress.org, an estimate of 60% of teen pregnancies come from assault of some sort. I believe that abortions are not murder, that clumps of cells are not babies, and that people should choose what they do with their body. I believe that everyone should be able to live freely in their bodies and make the choices they need for their safety and health.

When I was young, I listened to people on the TV and in my own home talk about teenage pregnancies like a disease or like it was trashy. When I got older, I watched debates where people believed that abortion was murder and would send you to Hell. Those exact reasons are why I believe that teen pregnancies are not necessarily bad and why abortion is perfectly fine. Many factors could contribute to why a teenager got pregnant and why they would need an abortion. With almost every form of protection there is still a chance of getting pregnant, along with people who are forced or pressured into not using protection. Teenagers are still children and do not always have the resources to care for a baby. You could say “Oh but they could just have the baby and send it into the system.” As of now there are approximately 117,000 children already in the system, if those children aren’t getting adopted then why would new ones be better. 

Along with “Your body, you choice” comes with bodily changes such as sexual reconstruction, piercings, or body mods. People say that being gay or transexual is a sin, but in reality it isn’t. People are unique in all sorts of ways, that can include: sexual preferences, gender preferences, and body/hair mods. People are beautiful in their own very way and part of pro-choice is getting to decide what they do with their property. Why should other people be angry that you are being the happiest you can with the life you have been given?

When people say “Pro-Choice” they always assume it just means “Pro-Abortion” but that is not the case. Pro-choice means you should choose what happens to you. Pro-choice is almost equivalent to “My Body, My Choice” not “Pro-Aborton.” To add to the topic, many people who are “Pro-Life” and against abortion are not willing to adopt children. They want a mother who is not adequip for a baby to have one and put it up for adoption when there is an estimate of 117,00 children in the adoption system right now. How does that seem just? It doesn’t, and I believe that's why killing a few clumps of cells that have no cognitive abilities or feelings is perfectly fine. 

I believe that everyone should be able to live freely in their bodies and make the choices they need for their safety and health. I believe in Pro-Choice and Pro-Abortion. People should be able to do what they need for themselves if it isn’t harming you. You are not the one having the abortion, not the one with the piercings, and not the one being with someone of the same gender. I believe that if it is your body, it is your choice.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FREE VERSE - JENNA

ADALYNN - BIO POEM

THIS I BELIEVE - NIKOLAI