THIS I BELIEVE - KASSIDY

 How often do you put things off or say you're gonna do something later? I used to do this often until I realized that we might not have later. The next seconds of your life are never guaranteed so why would you put something off when you might not be able to do it again or to do it later.

My personal philosophy is “Dont say youre gonna do it later when you might not have later”. Hundreds of people have put stuff off and never been able to finish that thing. When I was 8 years old I was asked if I wanted to see my grandpa that day, instead I chose to go school and said I would visit him later. When I was picked up from school that day, I was that he had passed away that day while my mom was visiting him. I live with that regret all because I said I would do it later.

Every time I am told to do something, I still think about putting it off but then I remember that I might not be able to do that. Life is too short to put things off or to not ex[erience the world. This philosophy helps me stay on track and focus on what I am doing in the moment instead of what I could be doing instead or putting my current action off. It has helped me improve my mental and physical health by making sure I take care of myself instead of putting it off.

Don't put things off in life when your life could be over the next second. William James  once said, “Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task.” and this I believe.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FREE VERSE - JENNA

ADALYNN - BIO POEM

THIS I BELIEVE - NIKOLAI