THIS I BELIEVE - JORDAN
I believe that to be the best you have to go through the worst.
Have you ever been the best at anything, and I mean really the best? I believe that to be the best you have to go through the worst. You can have raw talent but that isn’t enough to make you the best, though you might have started better if you don’t put in the work you won’t be able to achieve your goal. I do swimming and I still am not the best but my friend at the start was better than me, but I continued to push myself and surpassed him. This I believe that if you really want to be the best you need to push yourself to the max.
I have been swimming for about 9 years now and I have improved a lot but at first I wasn’t really improving at all. That is because I would take it easy during practice and not put in much effort, but later on I started to put more effort into training and actually started pushing myself to exhaustion. I began to improve at the cut on time. My friend joined more recently and he was just generally a pretty good swimmer who had natural talent. The main problem with that is that since he started good he didn’t learn the process of having to constantly push himself so other people are beginning to surpass them.
In my daily life I use this philosophy for anytime I feel lazy or want to skip out on practice. I think about how if i dont put in the effort I won't just magically get better. I am wanting to go to the Olympics and I'm constantly training because I know that if I don't train then there is someone out there who is and will be better than me. This helps me pick out friends because I don’t want friends who just want the easy life but actually are going to work to be better.
Overall to be the best you have to go through the worst, This I believe. For some people they might start off good and fall off. If you don't learn the process of improvement then you will never be able to be the best. This also makes me think that people who are naturally good sometimes end up being a lot worse than others because they didn’t have the original determination to become the best because when they first started they were already really good.
Comments
Post a Comment