THIS I BELIEVE - GAUGE
Research suggests that acts of kindness and helping others release feel-good chemicals like oxytocin, serotonin, and dopamine in the brain, promoting positive mood and reducing stress. Not helping others can lead to feelings of isolation, decreased empathy, and even increased mental health issues like depression. This information strengthens my belief that people should unite and help each other because in life we all need help at some point. People might look at someone who truly needs help and laugh, this is the reason I wake up every morning and always have an observing mind set. Anytime I see or hear someone asking for help I do my best to help them even if it means putting myself out of my comfort zone.
I have always believed that you should try to help others and this one day became very important. My first day of preschool when it was time to clean up and saw children running to leave the room leaving one child to clean up the mess. Me being me I walked up and started to help him clean up the Lincoln logs, his eyes saying it all I knew he was thankful. The next day when we had free time I was asked by the same child if I wanted to play with him, of course I said yes. He then told me his name and after that I would be best friends with him for seven years, during those seven years we would gather more people.
Helpfulness has affected my goal setting and achieving these goals by slowing me down because I take the time to people which then delays my achievement of the goal. Even though helping others delays my time of completing some goals, helping others is part of one of my goals because one of my biggest goals is teaching. I am sort of experienced in this field because anytime someone is confused in class they come to me to explain it to them in words they would understand and a pace they will also understand. Me being a person who is helpful this is how I have earned all my friends so I am always looked toward when we are assigned difficult homework. Even though I enjoy helping others it sometimes can be hard to do because the task might be hard or the same thing I have told them five times before.
Because I know life is hard for everyone I will always believe people should unite and help each other because in life we all need help at some point. Just like Charles Dickens stated, “No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of others.” Anyone can feel loved and wanted. All it takes is one helpful act, this I believe.
Comments
Post a Comment