ELEGY FOR ANRI

 Priceless - Anri


A kind soul, unique, yet not too special, is lost today

Even if I said goodbye, I could not have been prepared, I wish I had time to be.

A companion, one never truly realized, has been torn from my side

Though it comes as no large wound for the majority, something is lost nonetheless.


Disappointment, grief, emptiness, many feelings are there to fill their absence

As I heard, I looked down, unable to speak or think

Some wept, some left

A void had been left in my head, stomach, and throat. Something valuable was stolen.


They have brought joy, and even in failure, we knew they were trying, which was enough

We may not hang a photo and make a shrine, but we can keep their creations and memories


They have built not much, but that small thing is precious to our foundation

A house was built, and is still left, but its founder is gone. It will never truly be the same home as it was.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FREE VERSE - JENNA

ADALYNN - BIO POEM

THIS I BELIEVE - NIKOLAI