DEAR NAOMI
June 11th, 2025
Dear little me,
I know it's tough with all your hospital visits. You probably don’t think that all the blood, needles, and sleepless nights aren’t worth it. But I promise, they really are. Even though I’m still dealing with these problems, they are getting better and all of it has helped so much. I’ve come so far with my diagnosis.
Whenever you have doctor’s appointments that seem too tough or too scary, bring a stuffed animal. It isn’t embarrassing. We both know neither mom or dad are dependable for comfort. Even though it is so scary and seems like it will never end, just push through and get it over with. Better things come and I cannot wait for you to meet the people I know now.
A little tip for shots or IV’s, or any needles at all, just talk through it. Talk about whatever comes to mind, it helps as a distraction. You are so tough and I want you to know that no matter how much it seems like you aren’t, you are so loved and cherished. Stay strong and don’t let those kids at school mess with you.
Best regards,
Naomi
Comments
Post a Comment