DEAR CARMALEE

 Dear 9 year old me,



I know things are currently scary and confusing. I know you don’t know what is happening or why they broke down the door. Why you had to hold your crying sister to your chest as shouts and banging came from the other room. Why did your dad have to drag you both from the house and away from it all as you watched from the back seat as mom was led to cop cars in cuffs. Why since then you have to talk to her through a pane of glass. Why no one would tell why she was there.

Back then, my past and your future, Mom was sick. Her illness made her want something she really shouldn't have and only really being able to focus on that. But you were able to get through it! You gave her something to focus on instead. You, your sister and brother, her children. With you just being there we were able to give her that reason to be better. Now through it all, it's no longer confusing or scary. I've learned from it though to always stay focused 

on the important things, and not to get distracted as she did.


All you really need to know is that it will get better and she will get better. Just stick with it and stick with her. Be patient, it will turn out ok.




Your future self,


Carmalee


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FREE VERSE - JENNA

ADALYNN - BIO POEM

THIS I BELIEVE - NIKOLAI