THIS I BELIEVE- COLTEN

This I Believe

By: Colten 


I believe that helping the needy is one of the greatest things one can do. When I was a kid, I had always wanted to help people, yet when I had chances too, I couldn’t help. So my mother decided to start having us volunteer at the food banks of our local church. And every time, I always felt good afterwards. I started to do this more and it rubbed off on my youngest sister. Every time we went to church she would donate money, toys, and sometimes even food. I still do this and help people as much as I can. My mom always told me that “good people are blessed by God”. To me, this means that good people are treated kindly and are more fortunate for being helpful. Yet I don’t help because I may get a reward, I help because it makes me feel good and I always just want to be helpful. I’ve donated, volunteered, and even once started a lemonade stand, to give money to charities in our hometown. Helping has always been a big thing in my family. So at the end of the day, I always think about the good deeds I have done. This I believe.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FREE VERSE - JENNA

ADALYNN - BIO POEM

THIS I BELIEVE - NIKOLAI