My Cat By: Jenna You and I are bonded Like the snow that falls when it stops, we fall, too it was Like a never-ending call that said "I will be there for you" It might be off and on, sad or happy It might fall on the wrong person But I will always be there Like a bunch of white flowers That gain colors Eyes that sparkle like a frozen lake That feeling like when you touch cotton Soft, but sharp Lonely, but lovely Smells like ocean Fresh and blue Cute and calm Sweet and spiritual She's Sour candy the only one I want to touch The one I want to spend my life with And just my best friend
BY: Adalynn Adalynn, Who is always lazy and lounging. Who is the sister of Morgan, Cedric, and the daughter of Kelly. Who loves dance, law, and justice. Who feels out of bounds, lost, and simply along for the ride. Who needs to be alone but together, peaceful but chaotic, simple but complex. Who gives simple advice, an honest opinion even if brutal, and a good laugh to others. Who fears feeling empty,things touching my throat, and words I cannot understand. Who would like to see the German cathedrals, Italians statues, and the forbidden city of China. Who shares food, kindness, and knowledge. Who is a human, a dancer, and a gymnast. Who is a resident of Olney, Illinois. Kate.
I’m sure you’ve had at least one person give you a weird look, even though you don’t know who they are or who they are. They just judged you on appearance. They believe in a stereotype. Regardless of this, or how common it is, there is no such thing as a universally true stereotype. This is a simple belief, and even if people disagree, they cannot prove it wrong. It is a fact. You can say all people of [group] are [thing], but you’re wrong. If you’re right, it’s not a stereotype. And if it’s not a stereotype, it's not an issue. It is then not an opinion, which may be offensive, put simply. If I said “All adults are rude,” I’d be wrong. That’s a simple stereotype. Point out even a single outlier, and you’ve proven someone wrong in their stereotypical beliefs. One moment I can point out here that I’ve had to learn this was when I was playing an online game, and when I tried to talk to someone they said something rude. I don’t remember what they said, but I eventually got it out if ...
Comments
Post a Comment