SHORT STORY - THE KILLER BABYSITTER - PAYTON
SHORT STORY - The Killer Babysitter
By: Payton
The bell rang to dismiss the last class of the day. My friends Dean and Gege asked me if I could hangout with them, but I had to babysit two kids. I arrived at the house and the parents told me to help myself to the fridge and if anything were to happen to call and let them know. You and the girls are playing games and doing hair until a spooky storm starts. I told the girls that it’s ok and to not pay attention to it. It was still storming outside after I did their hair and put them to bed because it was a school night. So I decided to go to the fridge and make something to eat after I ate something. I had some homework to finish and I also wanted to get ahead on some of the assignments. I had just finished homework and the assignments that were assigned for tomorrow morning. I was about to go to bed until I heard a crash from one of the rooms so I grabbed a weapon that was next to me and went to go look at what happened. I made my way to the living room. I took a peek and saw the window was shattered. I didn't approach and decided to call the police I could hear the phone ring “ 911 what's your emergency” the operator asked “ someone broke in” I said calmly “ ok mama what is your address” she asked I gave her the address of the house I was babysitting “ ok police are on there way” I woke up the children and told them to follow me and to keep calm. The police arrived and took the person who broke in. He was a man that was wanted for murdering babysitters. I told the police that I was the babysitter and that I was doing homework for school. The parents had arrived early because of the incident they said thank you and they were nice to give me a ride home. The next morning at school I told Dean and Gege what happened last night. I told them what the police had told me that the man was a wanted criminal for killing babysitters and that I was lucky that I had survived in a calm manner. It even shocked me how calm I was. To this day I’m still babysitting but I think after the experience I had. I'm glad that I had a weapon with me but I have to be more prepared next time something like that happens again. When I go to a house to babysit I let the parents know ahead of time to tell them that I have a weapon on me in case there is an intruder in the house. A lot of the houses I go to are ok with it as long as it’s for self defense. I tell the parents that the weapon is for self defense. As long as I tell them they are ok with it and the parents leave to do what they have to do.
Comments
Post a Comment