SENSORY POETRY - STIR FRY - JOHNNIE

SENSORY POEM - STIR FRY

By: Johnnie


The grainy feeling of the rice when I wash it.

The water hitting my skin.

As I turn on the stove,

I can smell the gasoline,

and it makes my nose tingle.

I chop up the bright red peppers and the eye watering onions,

and add them to the skillet.

I pour in the rest of the ingredients,

watching them dance around in the oil.

I step away from the stove to grab some seasonings 

and I hear the skillet hiss at me because the heat was too high.

I was so starving,

I felt like I hadn't eaten in years.

After I turned the heat down and finished cooking,

I felt like I was going to die of starvation. 

I couldn't wait to eat any longer.

Even though the food was hot,

I immediately shoved a spoonful into my mouth,

Tasting the savory flavor of the vegetables and seasonings,

and I felt like I was in heaven.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FREE VERSE - JENNA

ADALYNN - BIO POEM

THIS I BELIEVE - NIKOLAI